Saturday, January 14, 2006

Crazy Daisy Cushion

I have tried to spend a little time in my sewing room every evening since returning to work on the 3rd of January. Although I had eleven days off work I didn't get time to do any sewing over the holidays. This weekend I'm working on finishing 2 projects. The first is a dolls pram quilt, it's complete now (as of tonight!).




Now I can concentrate on the second project, which is a top for a 22" cushion cover. I created the design in EQ5. I have put a link to the EQ5 file on my website if anyone has the program and wants to download it. Crazy Daisy Cushion
I am in the process of machine quilting it and have some muslin to make the backing.

My next two quilting projects are already lined up, a twin quilt for my daughter, a gift to celebrate her first home after flying the coup, it is already a year late.

I am also doing a specially commissioned cot quilt for a work colleague, I have yet to decide if I use one of my magazine patterns or design the quilt in EQ5. Once I know whether it's a boy or girl I can decide what fabrics to use. I bought some pieces from the Bee Happy range by Mary Lou Weidmanat for Benartex, at the Knitting & Stitching show in November, probably not great for a boy. I'll be told the sex any day now once the little one is born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cleasach - maybe you copuld check out my online quilting fabric supply site - www.justcotton.ie?
Regards,
Penny Toolan
Athboy
Co Meath
penny@justcotton.ie

Simonetta said...

Very beautiful your jobs!!!