Sunday, September 18, 2005

Stitch n Bitch IE

Yesterday was the monthly meeting for Stitch 'n' Bitch IE. The meeting took place in a quaint hotel in Dublin's city centre. It was lovely to sit and chat with other members of the group and see what everyone else was working on.
The main thing I took away from the meet-up was a tip to knit both sleeves at the same time, especially when knitting for babies and there is plenty of room on the needles for all your stitches. This really appeals to me as I often dread doing the last sleeve, doing 2 with all the increasing and shaping done in tandam just seems to make so much sense. Why didn't I think of that????

While in the Big Smoke I dropped into Eason's Book Shop on O'Connell Street and bought the latest issue of Simply Knitting.


The free gifts this month were a pack of 40 pins and a Rowan (12 pattern) booklet. 5 of the designs are for handbags and 1 is for a lovely lace shawl. I think some of these will have to go on my "to do" list :-).

I've started a small project from the main magazine, more about that another day...........

No comments: